Britain’s Top Tradesperson – Competition Terms & Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entry and participation is free.
2. The Promoter is Screwfix Direct Limited of Trade House Mead Avenue Yeovil BA22 8RT
3. The prize will be a new Toyota Commercial vehicle from the All New Toyota Hilux or All New Toyota PROACE ranges up to the value of £32,000 on the road including VAT. The vehicle will come fully taxed for the road and will have a standard Toyota warranty. The winner must arrange their own insurance and fuel etc.
4. The competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years old and over, except for employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Toyota (GB) PLC, their associated and affiliated companies, their agents or anyone else connected professionally with the competition. Only one entry will be accepted per person and per household.
5. Entry into the competition will close at 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 4th June 2017. No bulk entries or entries via third parties will be accepted. Late or illegible entries will be disqualified.
6. Participants can enter the competition in three different ways: (1) by completing the entry form and placing it in the competition entry box within a participating Screwfix store based in the UK and NI; (2) by completing and submitting the online entry form available at www.screwfix.com/btt; or (3) by completing and submitting an entry form via facebook.com/screwfix or Twitter.
7. Entry forms will be judged by the Promoter and the best entries (in the judge’s sole discretion) will be shortlisted for a regional judging day to be held at up to 11 Screwfix stores nationwide (locations will be depending on the entry levels; may include Northern Ireland). 8 finalists will be selected from these judging days, the 8 finalists will be notified by telephone and will need to be available to attend a final judging day, which will be used for the Promoter to select a winner. This will be in July 2017.
8. The prize will be awarded to the finalist that the judges consider to be most worthy of the title “Britain’s Top Tradesperson” based on all of the information in their entry, their interview at the judging day, and any other relevant information that may become known to Screwfix prior to the decision being made.
9. The winner will be notified by telephone by 7th August 2017 and must arrange to provide the specification for their vehicle (up to a total price On the Road of £32,000 including VAT) by 4th September 2017. If the winner wants to spec the vehicle to a specification over £32,000 OTR (including VAT) then the winner may request to pay the extra amount.
10. The final specification shall be subject to the Promoter’s and Toyota’s final approval. The vehicle will then take between 12 to 24 weeks to be built and delivered (depending upon the specification). Collection of the vehicle will be made via the winner’s local participating Toyota Business Centre dealership. Exact delivery date and details will be confirmed with the winner. The winner must arrange their own motor insurance prior to taking delivery of the prize.
11. The decision of the judges will be final and unchallengeable and, in their absolute discretion, they may declare void any entry or the competition itself, should they consider that there are no entries reaching a required standard, whereupon they can award prizes or not, as they think fit. The judges may also decide, in their absolute discretion, to change the rules of the competition while it is running if it appears to them that it would be equitable or desirable to do so. No correspondence will be entered into. The judges may also decide, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant for any reason at any point in the competition.
12. The entry and prize is personal and non transferable unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter. No cash alternative or other prize alternatives are available except that in the event of unforeseen circumstances out of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of greater or equal value. Should the winner choose a vehicle of a lesser value or specification, no alternative in monetary terms or otherwise will be offered to make up the difference.
13. Illegible entries, those not in accordance with the terms and conditions and entries lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed beyond the closing date will be disqualified. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for disqualified entries.
14. By submitting your entry, you hereby declare that all information submitted by you is true, accurate, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry.
15. For the prize winner’s name and county of residence please send a stamped addressed envelope to: ‘Britain’s Top Tradesperson’, Screwfix Direct, Trade House, Mead Avenue, Yeovil, BA22 8RT. Do not send entries to this address.
16. The Promoter shall require the winner to participate in publicity events in relation to this competition up to 12 months following the award of the prize. In particular, the Promoter may publish the winner’s name and hometown, photographs and footage of winners with their prize in future editions of its publications and websites (including social media) and may require the winner to take part in any advertising campaigns and/or press interviews to promote this competition for the following year. By participating in the competition, each participant agrees to grant the Promoter and its affiliates a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, worldwide licence to publish and broadcast and otherwise use the material in any media including the unlimited right to sub-licence. Each participant further confirms that the publishing or broadcast of such material will not breach any third party’s intellectual property or associated rights and that any necessary permissions have been obtained. You agree to indemnify the Promoter and Toyota against any claims brought by a third party for breach of such rights. The participant may use the Promoter’s name and logo only with the Promoter’s written consent.
17. To the full extent permissible by law, neither the Promoter nor its parent company, affiliates, directors, officers, employers or agents shall be liable to you for any claim in respect of any losses (including without limitation special, indirect or consequential losses), injuries, or damages of any kind whatsoever arising from or connected to the competition.
18. Entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions upon entering the competition.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time if circumstances make this necessary.
20. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition. The Promoter will not enter into any correspondence in relation to the Promotion.
21. This competition is governed by the law of England and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising from the entry or interpretation of these terms and conditions.