National Tortilla Chip Day 2018 February 24, 2018
in the USA Tortilla Chip Day is celebrated on February 24, 2018. A tortilla chip is a snack food made from corn tortillas, which are cut into wedges and then fried. Alternatively they may be discs pressed out of corn masa then fried or baked. Corn tortillas are made of corn, vegetable oil, salt and water.Tortilla chips are the quintessential and often complimentary appetizer in Tex-Mex and Mexican restaurants in the U.S. and elsewhere. Although first mass-produced in Los Angeles in the late 1940s, tortilla chips were always considered to be a Mexican food, known as tostados. Though usually made of yellow corn, they can also be made of white, blue, or red corn. Some manufacturers include many other ingredients including wheat, sugar, and MSG
The triangle shaped tortilla chip was popularized by Rebecca Webb Carranza as a way to make use of misshapen tortillas rejected from the automated tortilla manufacturing machine that she and her husband used at their Mexican delicatessen and tortilla factory in southwest Los Angeles. Carranza found that the discarded tortillas, cut into triangles and fried, were a popular snack.
Where is National Tortilla Chip Day?
When is National Tortilla Chip Day?
Saturday, the 24th of February 2018
Source: National Tortilla Chip Day 2018 – Feb 24, 2018
The UK’s favourite sitcom family are back with a brand new series of All Round To Mrs Brown’s!
Mammy will be opening the door to her home once again inviting us in for an unmissable, jam-packed night of entertainment. Agnes and the family will be providing a star-studded line up, including Cathy’s celebrity chat show, fun and frolics in the kitchen with Chef Aly, more dubious business ventures with Dermot and Buster, live music in Foley’s pub and fantastic surprises you won’t want to miss. Apply now for your chance to get the best seat in the house!
There will be chances for audience participation too, so if your application is successful a member of the production may be in contact soon!
Saturday 21 April
Tuesday 24 April
Thursday 26 April
Sunday 29 April
Tuesday 1 May
Thursday 3 May
Venue: BBC Scotland, Pacific Quay Glasgow
Doors open: 6.30pm
Recordings start: 7pm
Tickets will be allocated by random draw.
You can register at any time until 10pm on Monday 5 March.
You can register for tickets for as many recordings as you like but, should you be successful in the random draw, you will only receive tickets for one show.
Tickets for this show are strictly non-transferrable. Photographic proof of ID must be shown. If you cannot provide this proof you will be refused entry. Please see our FAQ for a list of accepted forms of photo ID. If your photo ID does not match the name on the ticket you will not be admitted. If you request two tickets because you are taking a guest along, that person will only be allowed in if they are accompanied by you.
To enter the random draw visit bbc.co.uk/showsandtours.
We are offering one lucky couple the chance to WIN their wedding at the Castle Green Hotel!
What’s included –
– Dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator to assist with the planning of your wedding
– Personal wedding host for the day
– Ceremony room hire for up to 60 guests
– The red carpet welcome
– Your choice of seasonal reception drink
– Use of our extensive gardens for your photographs
– Complimentary hire of a private function suite and bar
– Three course set wedding breakfast for 60 guests
– White or ivory table linen
– Choice of cake stand and knife
– Evening buffet for 60 guests
– Our special wedding present –a bridal suite for the night
The prize is for 60 guests but our Function Suite can seat up to 250. So as we are paying for the first 60 guests – you can invite everyone you know!
Steve Pendrill Photography
– Bride make up, including pre-wedding trial and two bridal party members from Aimee Chorley Make up Artist
– Complimentary chair covers & sashes for 60 guests and 10% off other venue styling from Ambience
– Champagne Ring experience & 10 % off your rings from Banks Lyon Jewellers
– Balloons (£100 to spend) from Boo Balloons
– Videography package covering full day – ceremony, reception and first dance (worth £795) from Clear Image Productions
– Bridal hair package from Debonair Hairdressing
– Ceremony and table centrepieces (up to 8 tables) from Floristry by Carmen
– Bride bouquet, one bridesmaid bouquets and flower girl wand or smaller bouquet, seven gents buttonholes and two ladies corsages from Flowers by Arrangement
– £200 off a bridal gown and free groom suit hire (worth £150) from Frothimoon Bridal
– His & Hers Massage (1 hour each) from The Green Rooms Spa @ Castle Green
– Two tier wedding cake (up to £200) from Icing on the Cake
– Half a bottle of wine per person and a glass of bubbly for the toast (up to 60 guests) from House of Townend
– Arrival gin cocktails from Lakeland Moon Gin
– Selfie Mirror (2 hour hire) from Photobooth Cumbria for your evening reception
– 15 days Park & Fly accommodation and parking at our sister Hotel, Pinewood on Wilmslownear Manchester Airport
– His & Hers month membership and personal trainer assessment Pulse Health & Fitness @ Castle Green
– Three pack mintcake heart favours, personalised if requested (for 60 guests) from Romneys Kendal Mintcake
– Bronze photographic package covering ceremony, group & portrait shots (worth £450) from Steve Pendrill Photography
Many of our suppliers are offering generous discounts for all our couples, even if you don’t win so there is just no reason not to enter!
Throughout the whole wedding process the staff at Castle Green were nothing more than helpful, courteous and nothing was too much trouble. Meetings were easy to arrange and the run up to the wedding went smoothly and on the day everything was faultless. The Castle Green are a well organised venue who have been hosting wedding for years, the experience and efficiency shows, making you feel confident and relaxed that you are going to have the wedding you always wanted. Cannot fault it.
Entrants will be shortlisted to a list of six by our judges: Nicola Postlethwaite (Sales Office Supervisor at Castle Green Hotel); Christine Brown (Banqueting Manager at Castle Green); and Ciara Crossan (Founder & CEO at WeddingDates.co.uk); Nick devenish (Vicar at Cartmel Priory). The six shortlisted couples will then enter into a public vote to be run 2nd – 15th April. The judges will rate the six finalists awarding 1 – 6 points with 6 being the highest score. Once the public vote has concluded each couple will be awarded 1 – 6 points as above. The winning couple will be those with the highest combined score. In the event of a tie break, the couple receiving the highest public vote will be adjudged the winner.
Competition winners will be announced at our Wedding Open Day on Sunday 22nd April, which we would encourage all finalists to attend.
Wedding Date is offered as Saturday 27th October 2018 or Saturday 27th April 2019.
1. Submit your entry before midnight on 25th March 2018 to be in with a chance of winning!
2. Entrants will be shortlisted to a list of six by our judges
Nicola Postlethwaite – Award Winning Wedding Co-ordinator at Castle Green Hotel
Christine Brown – Banqueting Manager at Castle Green Hotel
Ciara Crossan – Founder & CEO at WeddingDates.co.uk
Nick Devenish – Vicar at Cartmel Priory
3. The six shortlisted couples will then enter into a public vote to be run 2nd – 15th April.
4. Competition winners will be announced at our Wedding Open Day on Sunday 22nd April!
5. By entering our competition you agree to be contacted by the Pinewood on Wilmslow and our carefully selected wedding suppliers.
From all here at The Castle Green Hotel, we wish you the very best of luck!