Explore this incredible area of the world accompanied by photographer Andy Rouse as expedition leader and photography advisor. Alongside Andy, expert Andrew James will provide photography critiques and workshops on-board. The itinerary is flexible, devoted to getting the most amazing wildlife experiences and images.
What makes this special?
- November departure when Antarctica is at its most stunning with pristine snow cover and penguins seen on ice.
- Fantastic wildlife sightings including different species of penguin, seal and whale.
- The opportunity to camp on shore; be one of few to sleep on the Antarctic Peninsula (if conditions allow).
- Small Zodiac groups and longer landing times on shore for exploring, in areas often inaccessible on Antarctica cruises.
- Fully stabilised ship for a smoother Drake Passage, with excellent on-board facilities including email, gym, and on-deck hot tub.
- Pre-preparation and on-board help throughout to ensure every level of photographer from novice to expert gets the most from this safari, thanks to input from Andy and Andrew.
Andy Rouse is one of the top wildlife photographers, with 17 books to his name and a huge worldwide following. Andy presented a 13-part wildlife photography series for Channel 5 / Animal Planet. He regularly gives theatre shows, photography workshops and takes clients on expeditions all over the globe. For seven years in a row, he has received commendations and won prizes in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition. He travels extensively, often working alone in challenging conditions, wearing Páramo, happy to be at one with nature.
In partnership with Páramo, Andy runs the Aspira Fund, which donates the profits from a high quality outdoor clothing selection to small conservation projects often overlooked.
Natural World Safaris are offering the prize of one place on the Andy Rouse Antarctica Photography Expedition worth £7,995. This covers one person sharing a twin room with shared bathroom facilities. The prize excludes transport between the winner’s home address and Ushuaia in Argentina. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise and pay costs associated with obtaining visas.
All competition entrants who book the November 2017 Antarctica Photography Safari win will receive a £250 voucher for Páramo clothing.
CLOSING DATE: 27 March 2017